Integrated Technology Hub
Integrated Technology Hub – ONE of A kind in Australia
The ultra-modern $41M Integrated Technology Hub (ITH) at Box Hill Institute provides collaborative and innovative learning spaces for the air conditioning, refrigeration, mechanical, plumbing and electrical technologies industries.
The ITH provides world class facilities in a highly environmentally friendly building designed to achieve a 5 star green star accreditation.
The Integrated Technology Hub is unique and builds on Box Hill Institute’s educational strategy of creating programs and facilities that are aligned to industry requirements. In this case, the specialised needs of the building services and electro-mechanical technologies areas.
Designed in collaboration with the AMCA, the ITH is home to the Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence (RCCC) in partnership with the Air-Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors Association (AMCA) and the RCCC, it provides the main training facilities for the air-conditioning and allied industries.
The Integration Technology Hub aims to:
- address industry trends for integration across the trades
- incorporate rapidly developing new technologies
- maintain industry relevant training and education
- address environmental and sustainability considerations and rising energy costs
- educate students regarding new technologies within the heating, refrigeration and climate control industry; and developing trends within the building and construction industry
- address regulatory changes to the above developments within the various industry sectors.
- Teaching PODs (Professional Organisational Development) fitted with relevant teaching equipment
- State of the art audio visual equipment
- Teaching areas that are extremely flexible – achieved through the use of:
- Informal teaching areas
- Operable walls
- Project rooms
- Technical laboratories
- Large forum for presentation to large groups; and
- Infrastructure incorporating a number of mechanical systems that will be used as teaching tools for the students
- Indoor/outdoor interactive spaces for staff and students, designed to stimulate innovative ideas.
Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence (RCCC)
The Refrigeration and Climate Control Centre of Excellence (RCCC) is established within the new ITH. The Centre delivers best practice, industry specific training, education and support for the air conditioning, refrigeration and mechanical services sector.
POD: Modular Training System
POD stands for Professional Organisational Development (POD). PODs are an innovative and flexible way to deliver training for the building, construction service and maintenance industries.
Each POD contains flexible and accessible training equipment and can be used singly or in multiple units. PODs can be stacked, combined and connected to a range of services such as power, compressed air, water and data.
PODs are maintained and upgraded to reflect the latest technology. Their flexibility means training with the PODs stays current and continually relevant to industry.