Board member since 2016 (Staff Elected Director)
- Bachelor of Engineering, University of Melbourne;
- Postgraduate Diploma of Education, Monash;
- Postgraduate Certificate of Education Studies TESOL, University of Melbourne;
- Certificate IV in TAE, Box Hill Institute;
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Transformation Management, Holmesglen;
- Diploma of Sustainability, Holmesglen; and
- Pastoral Education, Epworth.
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers, Australia;
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors; and
- Member, Victorian Institute of Teaching.
Susan worked as an engineer in the water industry for 18 years, mainly with Melbourne and Metropolitan Board of Works and Melbourne Water. She designed and project managed water supply infrastructure development projects for many developing areas in Melbourne. She was also the Melbourne Water engineer on an interagency taskforce (Yarra Care) to improve the quality of the Yarra River catchment, and coordinated a ministerial taskforce on the St Kilda Beach Water Quality project.
Susan has been a vocational teacher for over 17 years teacher at Box Hill Institute and
Holmesglen Institute. The areas she has taught in and coordinated are wide and include Conservation Land Management, OH&S, Project Management, Engineering, Mathematics and Physics. Susan has been providing an important role of Literacy and Numeracy support for the last 4 years to apprentices and building designers at Box Hill Institute.
Susan has had wide involvement in community organisations for over 30 years. Currently she is Chair of Blackburn Lake Sanctuary Advisory Committee, City of Whitehorse; Director of Community Service, Rotary Club of Box Hill; Chair of Church Council, Koonung Heights Uniting Church; Vice President, Natural Resource Management Providers Network Victoria and Vice President, Chaplaincy Inc, Box Hill. Her dedication to the community was recognized when she was awarded the Caroline Chisholm Award in 2014.