Spring Street Development
Box Hill Institute (BHI) owns a vacant site of approximately 2600sqm at 16-18 Spring Street, Box Hill. This is your opportunity to deliver a leading edge, purpose built nurse training facility and high quality development with an informed and relatively patient landowner willing to work with a developer to achieve outcomes that are beneficial to both parties.
Through a two stage Sale Process comprising an Expression of Interest process, out of which a number of shortlisted parties will be invited to the Request for Proposal Stage, BHI will identify the successful developer to have a high quality mixed use development delivered on the site with:
- a dedicated purpose built nurse training facility, strata titled owned by BHI, to be delivered across the lower levels of the building; and
- the remainder of the development utilised for the highest and best uses as determined by the developer and so as to yield the highest value for BHI.
The site located in the heart of Box Hill’s education and health precinct is:
- Approximately 2600sqm;
- Within walking distance of Box Hill Central and Box Hill Transport Interchange (Tram, Rail, Buses);
- Adjacent to Box Hill Institute, Eastern Health and Box Hill Hospital;
- Proposed to be rezoned for mixed use development with a development plan overlay;
The Spring Street site is currently zoned Public Use Zone 2 (PUZ2) and Residential Growth Schedule 3 (RGZ3) under the Whitehorse Planning Scheme. BHI has commenced the process to rezone the Spring Street site utilising the Fast Track Government Land Service.
The proposed amendment to the planning scheme seeks to rezone the Site to Mixed Use Zone and introduce a new schedule to the Development Plan Overlay to establish particular built form and development requirements for the Site.
It is proposed that the Development Plan Overlay will require that a Development Plan be prepared prior to a planning permit application being lodged for land use and development for the subject site, generally in accordance with the draft Development Plan that has been prepared by SJB Urban. The draft Development Plan proposes:
- Guidance for the adopted land use and built form mix to comprise:
- 3 basement levels for resident and Box Hill Institute car parking, bicycle parking, storage and services;
- A four storey podium including an active frontage at ground floor level and three storeys of nurse training facilities for Box Hill Institute; and
- A residential development of up to 29 storeys (in total height) above the podium.
- A traffic management plan for the site; and
- A landscape plan.
|Stage One – Expressions of Interest||Date|
|EOI issued||Wednesday, 21 June 2017|
|End of period for clarification questions or further information||Wednesday, 19 July 2017|
|EOI closing time||3.00pm, Wednesday, 26 July 2017|
|Stage Two – Request for Proposals / Offers||Indicative Dates|
|Shortlisted respondent notified||Late August – Early September 2017|
|RFP issued||Early September 2017|
|Closing date for lodgement of Final Proposals / Offers||Mid – Late December 2017|