Hair, Beauty & Floristry
Sessional Hair and Makeup Trainer
With over twenty years of experience as a professional hairdresser and makeup artist, Lucia boasts an exciting and dynamic history. Her creative and distinct approach has led to high profile clientele such as music royalty Lisa-Marie Presley and Pricilla Presley, as well as Australian leading ladies Cathy Freeman, Jessica Hart, Pia Miller, Zoe Ventoura, Kaz Cooke, Melissa Bergland and other various international talents,
Along with this exclusive clientele, Lucia’s creative style and range led to her to being appointed head makeup artist for a number of high profile runway fashion events such as Fashion Rocks and Miss Australia, she has also been involved in film shoots for Disney, TV events such as the Logies and Brownlow as well as having her work featured in various notable magazines including Rolling Stone and Marie Claire.
Lucia’s passion for the industry has led her to share her knowledge with students at Box Hill Institute whist she still maintains her presence in the current hair and makeup industry by upholding her clientele.
- Certificate of Proficiency in Hairdressing
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Certificate in Completion of Fashion and Photography Makeup
- Hair and makeup work has been published in Marie Claire, Rolling Stone, and Melbourne Cup Carnival, Melbourne Weekly magazines
- Hair and makeup artist to Celebrities such as: Lisa Marie Presley, Pricilla Presley, Cathy Freeman, Pia Miller, Melissa Bergland, Jessica Hart, Maria Mercedes, Kaz Cooke, Zoe Ventoura, Jessica Gower, Clairy Browne and Jamie Durie.
- Hair and makeup for Logies and Brownlow
- Head Makeup Artist for Miss Australia
- Head Makeup Artist for Fashion Rocks (Australia)
- Makeup presentations/shows at Hair Expo (Australia)
- Hair and makeup for film shoots for Walt Disney (Australasia)
- Hair and makeup for various Australian TV commercials
- Founder and owner of Les Couleurs studio since 2000
- Educational presentations/shows for Wella Australia
- Educational workshops/shows for Schwarzkopf Professional
- Art direction, photography, hair and makeup for Les Couleurs Studio
COURSES TAUGHT AT BHI
- Certificate II in Retail Skincare and Makeup
- Certificate III in Hairdressing
Suzaan is an International trained Beauty Therapy Trainer with an extensive background in the Beauty and Spa industries. With over 20 years’ experience in Beauty Therapy and training, Suzaan values high standards of training and was part of the team to establish an international training facility at North link College in South Africa.
Suzaan had also worked on board of Princess Cruise liners where she specialised in their signature facial treatment and gained solid experience in working with international clients.
In 2004 she took the responsibility to plan and oversee all international exams at Elly Lukas Beauty Therapy College. Suzaan joined Box Hill Institute in 2009 and has been delivering different levels of training in the Beauty Therapy department.
- Advanced Diploma in Beauty Therapy, Isa Carstens Stellenbosch Academy for Health and Skin Care
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training, Best Community Training
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Inspire Education
COURSES TAUGHT AT BHI
- Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- Certificate II in Retail Make Up and Skin Care
- Certificate III in Beauty Services
Carolyn completed her Apprenticeship in Floristry at Box Hill Institute in 1996. She has worked for some of Melbourne’s best florists including Kevin O’Neil, Domain Flowers & Panache Flowers.
Since 1999 Carolyn has combined her new love of the teaching profession with her passion for her vocation in floristry. She began teaching Floristry short courses for CAE in 1999 and for Box Hill Institute in 2000. She took up a full time teaching position at Box Hill Institute in 2008.
Carolyn has participated in many Melbourne International Flower and Garden Shows, creating award winning displays and demonstrating on stage. She maintains her practice and skills in floristry through participating in floristry event work and attending demonstrations and workshops hosted by Interflora Australia, AFDF, Floral Art Society of Victoria and industry suppliers. Carolyn particularly enjoys maintaining networks and keeping in touch with her past students through floristry social networks, industry events and visits.
- Master of Education 2500 (Working and Learning), Monash University
- Diploma in Vocational Education and Training, Box Hill Institute
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training Practice, Box Hill Institute
- Diploma of Education and Training, Box Hill Institute
- Diploma of Arts (Interior Decoration and Design), RMIT
- Certificate IV in Floristry, Box Hill Institute
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Training, CAE
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management, New Enterprise Initiative Scheme (NEIS) – Box Hill Institute
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Box Hill Institute
- Apprenticeship in Floristry, Box Hill Institute
- Certificate III in Floristry, Box Hill Institute
COURSES TAUGHT AT BHI
- Certificate II in Floristry
- Certificate III in Floristry
Eloise has been in the Hair & Beauty industry 20 years. She completed her certificate 3 in Hairdressing in 1999, she dedicated herself to working in the salon and shortly after furthered herself by becoming the Salon Manager. Eloise has a strong passion for styling and was the principle hair-up stylist. She was chosen to visit salons around Melbourne to educate and train senior stylists in the art of hair-up.
Throughout her career in the salons she has won numerous awards such as “Apprentice of The Year “ through HBIA, took out the “stage 2” award at Chisholm institute, won the “Jack witty” award through Chisholm for best apprentice out of all trades and also won rotary awards as acknowledgement for her achievements.
In 2008 Eloise decided to continue her passion for educating by completing her Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to educate apprentices. She has also pursued her career dreams of running her own successful bridal hair design business called DYEinVAIN Bridal hair specialists. Eloise’s business is still running successfully to date and has won multi awards including the prestigious Wedding Industry Awards through the ABIA, she is awarded Victoria’s Number One Bridal Stylist in 2013 & 2014 and she is now up for the National Hairdressing Bridal Award.
Eloise has joined Box Hill Institute since 2012 and brings an abundance of experience, talent and passion into her classes, and looks forward to educating new students to be our ambassadors for the future.
- WRH30109 Certificate III in Hairdressing 1999, Chisholm Institute
- WRH40109 Certificate IV in Hairdressing (2011) (upgraded from 2010 Cert IV) Headmasters Training Academy RTO, Melbourne.
- TAA40104 Certificate IV Training and Assessment (2008) Chisholm Institute, Berwick.
- TAE40110 Certificate IV Training and Assessment (2011)
- Victoria’s Number One Bridal Stylist in 2013 & 2014
- Apprentice of The Year (through HBIA)
Koula began her career in regional Victoria and grew her extensive clientele; however she really enjoyed the mentoring side of salon management.
With over 25 years in the hairdressing industry and having recently sold a successful owner-operated salon. Koula Gallo has utilized her extensive experience and knowledge within an Educating/Trainer capacity, utilizing her Certificate III in Hairdressing, Certificate IV Hairdressing & Diploma in Salon Management. It’s been her desire to help hairdressers attain the highest standards of skills, harness their creativity and foster a professional work ethic in the realm of the Hairdressing Industry. She believes that the ‘Understanding of Fundamentals of Hairdressing’ is crucial to support the development of your Industry in Hairdressing.
Koula is currently training Certificate III in Hairdressing at Box Hill Institute.