Would you like to make a difference? Change the face of medicine, biotechnology and the environment with a career in science.
Science at Box Hill Institute is all about choice – wherever you are from or wherever you are going there is a science course for you. With streamlined entry and exit points, the Box Hill Institute science pathway lets you start and stop when YOU choose!
Advanced standing gets you time off for the studies that you have already completed:
|Certificate IV in Laboratory Techniques||1 more year to complete the Diploma of Laboratory Technology|
|Diploma of Laboratory Technology||1 more year to complete the Associate Degree in Science*|
* Subject to performance requirements in the final year of the Diploma of Laboratory Technology
Science at Box Hill Institute is all about you – industry placements will help you gain the all-important experience needed to land your first job. Worried about finding a placement? No worries, we find the placements for you!
So where might you go with your science career? Wherever you want, but here are some outcomes from recent graduates:
- Research Assistant at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute
- Technical Manager at local pharmaceutical manufacturer Sypharma
- Entry into the Masters of Biotechnology at RMIT
- Analysts at multi-national pharmaceutical companies GlaxoSmithKline and Hospira
- Product development at medical device company Universal Biosensors
- Pathology testing at Bioscreen Australia
- Completed a PhD at the University of New South Wales
We are proud of our graduates. Wherever you start and wherever you finish, Box Hill Institute is proud to be a part of your journey.