VCE, VCAL & iVCAL
They are ideal for:
- young people who feel that secondary school isn’t the right place for them
- secondary students who want to enrol in VCE subjects not offered at their school, or where there is a timetable clash
- 15-24 year olds who haven’t completed Year 12
- adults who, for whatever reason, never got around to finishing their secondary education, or want to study a VCE subject out of personal interest
- anyone who wants to improve their ATAR by taking additional subjects.
Support for young people to achieve success in learning and work.
Are you 15-24, left school without finishing Year 12 and now struggle to find work? Have you finished Year 12 but have been out of work more for than a year? We can help you.
The Reconnect Program can provide you with:
- Personal support for up to 18 months
- Tailored pre-accredited training to increase your skills and support your goals
- Work experience opportunities
- Support with costs for accredited study and additional needs
- Learning assistance with study Assisted pathways to accredited courses or work
The VCE is an accredited secondary certificate that recognises the successful completion of your secondary education. It is recognised internationally and provides a pathway to further education and training, and to the world of work. Box Hill Institute provides the opportunity to study your VCE on a part time or full time basis, with a wide range of subjects offered during the day and also at night.
The Pre-VCAL course is an intensive, full time preparation program for students who wish to enrol in the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) at Box Hill Institute, but do not yet meet the required level of English.
The Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) provides an alternative option for students in Years 11 and 12. TAFE VCAL is an applied, full time educational program delivered in a training environment. Industry-based studies are key parts of each of the Box Hill Institute VCAL courses on offer. They provide practical workplace-based learning in trade or industry areas. All the courses include studies in literacy, numeracy and personal skills relevant to work and life.
iVCAL is an alternative to the traditional classroom delivery method of VCAL, and can be completed online. iVCAL allows you to study in your own home, local library or anywhere you have access to the internet and a computer or equivalent device. You can log in and complete your lessons day or night, anywhere in the world and you will have online support by teachers, pathways officers and counsellors. iVCAL will suit those who prefer to study in a non classroom environment and who need flexibility in their study pattern.
Carina struggled at high school with many teachers telling her that “school isn’t for everyone”. She was asked to leave at the end of year 10. Knowing the importance of education Carina came to Box Hill Institute to study the VCAL (Intermediate) – Creative Taster course. Learning hasn’t been easy for Carina; however, with help of teaching staff and Student Support Services she persevered and achieved success. Carina gave her best in all components of the course which has resulted in her nomination for Student of the Year. Participating in the community service learning program aspect of the course Carina was a leader in talking to the clients and practising her craft. Students were required to give hand massages to residents at a local nursing home and clients would line up to specifically wait for her to help them – a true reflection of Carina’s caring personality and the talent she has. Carina has now chosen to follow a career in Hairdressing and is delighted to have completed Year 11.Read more
- Carina Cerni, VCAL (Intermediate)