Want an alternative to Secondary School? Whether you are mature aged or under 18, there is a place for you at Box Hill Institute.
Studying VCE at Box Hill allows you to complete your VCE in the timeframe that suits you, with both day and night classes available. This will help you find a balance between study and your other commitments. You will learn in a supportive adult environment where you will take responsibility for your own learning. We have no class bells, uniform, or supervision outside of class.
You should enrol to study with us if:
- you want to return after a break from study
- you are seeking an alternative learning environment to Secondary School
- you want to enrol in a single VCE subjects not offered at your secondary school
- you have completed VCE and want to improve your ATAR by taking additional subjects
- you are an adult wanting to study a VCE subject for personal interest.
How do I enrol?
We are now accepting expressions of interest for Year 11 and Year 12. Send us an enquiry or give us a call on 1300 269 445.
Are you from a secondary college?
You may have the opportunity to study a VCE subject at Box Hill Institute if:
- the subject you wish to study is not offered by your school or
- there is a timetable clash on the day the subject is offered.
Before enrolling you must provide a letter from your principal or coordinator giving permission and the reasons why you are unable to study your chosen subject at your own school.
Students over 18 (adult returning to study)
To be eligible to enrol as an adult returning to study, you must:
- not have undertaken full time secondary schooling for the full year preceding the first year of enrolment as an adult, and
- be at least 18 years of age on 1 January in the year of enrolment.
Adults returning to Study undertaking studies at Year 12 level must satisfactorily complete:
- three sequences of Units 3 & 4 in studies other than English
- one sequence of English in Unit 3 & 4.
Students under 18
Out of the 16 units you must satisfactorily complete:
- three units from the English group with at least one unit at Unit 3 & 4 level
- three sequences of Units 3 & 4 other than English.