From time to time your circumstances may change. For example you might have difficulty paying your fees, be experiencing problems at home, have nowhere to live or other issues that will interfere with your studies.
If you are experiencing any difficulties the Welfare Officer (Student Life) can help you source information and services to help you manage. These may include:
- information and assistance with Centrelink benefits (for example eligibility for payments, application forms, criteria and entitlement figures)
- accommodation resources including crisis accommodation or housing services or support.
- financial assistance through tuition fee deferments or financial hardship grounds (if eligible).
- internal and external referrals to other services, such as counselling, family support or mediation,
- information about services that provide free meals, food vouchers, clothes, or cheap furniture
- help to formulate a budget through planning and prioritising resources
- assistance in orientation around Melbourne, Box Hill and the Institute (for example, for rural students considering attending the Institute)
- general advice and information.
How do I make contact?
The welfare officer is available on Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays to provide practical assistance, information and support.
We are located on the Nelson Campus Room G83, next to the cafeteria. You can call Student Life on 9286 9891 to arrange an appointment. Offices are open from 8.30am to 4.45pm, Monday to Friday.