Student Code of Conduct
The Box Hill Institute Code of Conduct applies to all students within the Institute’s student community and aims to ensure the safety, comfort and well being of everyone at the Institute:
- Respect yourself and others – harassment, bullying, physical or verbal assault will not be tolerated
- Behave appropriately – ensure your actions and words support learning and teaching
- Mobile phones must be turned off in class
- Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Respect the property of the Box Hill Institute community – do not damage or remove property from Box Hill Institute grounds
- Produce your ID when requested by Box Hill Institute staff
- Do not smoke in the NON SMOKING areas.
The Box Hill Institute community:
- Does not allow illegal drugs or anyone under their influence on the premises
- Does not allow alcohol on the premises without prior permission from the Chief Executive Officer
- Requires people who take medication to be aware of medicinal side effects and not to combine it with anything that can place themselves or others at risk.
- Breaches of the Box Hill Institute Student Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action according to Institute policies and procedures.
Illegal activities will be referred to the police.
For more information, please refer to our policies and procedures.