Box Hill Institute (BHI) has released its Expression of Interest for development of a prime 2,600sqm site located at 16-18 Spring Street, Box Hill. BHI seeks a developer to deliver a leading edge, purpose built nurse training facility and a mixed use, high quality development.
The Spring Street site is currently zoned Public Use Zone 2 (PUZ2) and Residential Growth Schedule 3 (RGZ3) under the Whitehorse Planning Scheme, but BHI has commenced a process to rezone the site under the Fast Track Government Land Service.
The proposed amendment to the planning scheme seeks to rezone the Site to Mixed Use and introduce a new schedule to the Development Plan Overlay to establish a particular built form and development requirements for the Site.
A Development Plan will be prepared prior to a planning permit application being lodged for land use and development of the subject site, and will contain:
- Guidance for the adopted land use and built form mix to comprise:
- 3 basement levels for resident and Box Hill Institute car parking, bicycle parking, storage and services
- A four storey podium including an active frontage at ground floor level and three storeys of nurse training facilities for Box Hill Institute
- A residential development of up to 29 storeys (in total height) above the podium
- A traffic management plan for the site
- A landscape plan
Box Hill is undergoing a surge in development with seven sites approved for planning applications of 20 storeys or more and the construction of the Whitehorse Towers and Sky One, which is set to become the tallest building in Box Hill at 123m.
Interested developers can access the details of the Expression of Interest and due diligence materials by visiting http://www.boxhill.edu.au/SpringStDevelopment
The Expression of Interest closes at 3pm on Wednesday, 26 July 2017.
For any inquiries, please email SpringStEOI@boxhill.edu.au or phone Diana Nelson on (03) 9286 9339.