The following information is for domestic students only. International students applying for a course at Box Hill Institute should apply through the International Student Office.
The application process can seem daunting initially. To make it as simple as possible, please follow the below process.
It’s important to check the course details for entry requirements and to make sure the right course is applied for.
You must meet the entry requirements to be eligible to gain entry into the course. Check to see if the course requires any additional requirements such as:
- Attendance at an information session or interview
- Demonstration of portfolio
- Completion of audition or assessment
Contact us if you have any questions.
You can either apply to study with us directly (direct entry) or through VTAC.
Application through VTAC:
- Applications for most full time tertiary courses in Victoria are made through VTAC for a February start date. Where a course profile states ‘Apply through VTAC’, an application must be completed online via the VTAC website www.vtac.edu.au.
- A one-off application fee applies. For courses not in the VTAC Guide, application is directly to Box Hill Institute. For course starts at any other time in the year, application is directly to Box Hill Institute for all courses.
- Instructions for school leavers and mature age students are provided on the website. Additional information can be viewed online via the VTAC website or on VTAC phone app (to be released shortly).
Non-School Leavers Only
You can apply directly for courses/programs listed in the VTAC Guide at Box Hill Institute if you are:
- NOT currently studying Year 12 in Australia and
- Intending to submit an application only to Box Hill Institute
Applicants who are intending to apply to more than one institution and all current Year 12 students must apply through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).
Please note: Late and very late applications incur extra costs.
VTAC Application Timelines
For a February course commencement:
- Timely applications through VTAC close in September.
- Late applications – which attract a higher VTAC application fee close in November/December.
Direct Application Timelines
Many courses require you to apply directly to Box Hill Institute. All part time, off campus, mid year intake, VCAL, GAP and pre-apprenticeship courses require direct application.
The closing date for direct applications varies from course to course; however, many close mid-November. For mid year application closing dates, contact us in June.
To apply directly to Box Hill Institute, contact a Course Advisor by calling 1300 BOX HILL (1300 269 445). For some courses students will be required to complete a basic application form, for others students may be required to attend an information session. Certain more specialist courses may require an interview, folio submission or audition as part of the application requirement.
You can also apply to enrol here and have a Course Advisor contact you with your next steps.
If you are required to attend an Information & Enrolment Sessions. We run these sessions at Box Hill, Melbourne CBD and Lilydale campus to assist you in shaping your career choices and start your journey with us.
If you apply to do VET courses (ie. Certificate I-IV, Diploma and Advance Diploma) , you are required to sit for a Core Skills Diagnostic Test at our Enrolment Hub.
Exam and enrolment sessions attendance are booking essential.
If the chosen course requires students to apply through VTAC, they will receive a VTAC offer via VTAC’s online system explaining the enrolment requirements.
If the chosen course requires students to apply directly to Box Hill Institute, details about acceptance and enrolment will be sent by the relevant teaching centre.
Enrolment for on campus courses generally occurs between December and March. In most cases, students will need to attend an enrolment session on a specific day. Students will complete an enrolment form with their course coordinator, pay the enrolment fees, and obtain a student ID card.
Enrolment at Box Hill Institute also requires students to agree to abide by the Institute’s policies, procedures, privacy statement and student code of conduct.
Enrolment for off campus courses can usually be completed in person or by post.