If you are an international student and want to study at Box Hill Institute, we can guide you through the enrolment process.
Note: Box Hill Institute does not accept enrolments from international students who are aged under 18 at the time of course commencement.
Complete the International Student Application Form. The form can be obtained:
- by downloading it from Box Hill Institute website
- by removing the form at the back of the International Course Guide
- direct from the Institute
- from our accredited representatives in your country
- from most Australian Education Centres
- from Box Hill Institute booths at selected education exhibitions.
You will need the following supporting documents:
- passport and visa pages (if applicable) from the passport
- certified true copy of educational certificates and academic records
- attendance letter (if applicable)
- evidence of employment history (if applicable)
- English language test results – IELTS or TOEFL (if applicable)
- references from employers (if applicable)
- portfolio of artwork (if applicable)
Note: If your documentation is in a language other than English, an official certified translation must be provided.
Submit the International Student Application Form, required documents and a $AUD50 non-refundable application fee to:
International Student Services
Box Hill Institute
465 Elgar Road
BOX HILL VIC 3128
Applications may also be:
Emailed to Box Hill Institute at email@example.com
Faxed to Box Hill Institute at +61 3 9286 9334
You can also take it to the local Australian Education Centre or to your local Box Hill Institute education agent.
If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer for a place at Box Hill institute.
The time taken to assess your application depends on the prerequisites that need to be met. For example, applications for media, art, design and music often take longer than other programs.
If your application is unsuccessful, you will receive notification explaining the reasons.
ABOUT YOUR OFFER
If there are no conditions you have been accepted into the program for which you have applied. To secure your place, you should accept the offer as soon as possible.
This means you have been offered a place in the program if you meet the conditions as stated on your Letter of Offer. Evidence that you have met these conditions will be required, for example results of an IELTS test.
You must meet all the conditions as stated on the Letter of Offer if your offer is conditional.
You must return the signed copy of the Student Agreement with Box Hill Institute either by fax, mail or scanning and attaching the document to an email.
Note: Fees will not be accepted until we have received the signed copy of the Student Agreement with Box Hill Institute.
Forward a copy of the details page of your passport if you have not forwarded it in Step 1.
Pay the tuition fees and the Overseas Student Health Cover (SHC), as stated in Letter of Offer, by bank cheque, credit card or telegraphic transfer. Please refer to Payment Information Form for methods of payment.
After your acceptance documents have been received, Box Hill Institute will send you:
- Your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) for application of your student visa
- Box Hill Institute Arrival Guide containing information on pre-departure and living in Australia
- Information about accommodation and airport reception arrangements.
You will need to apply for your student visa through an Australian diplomatic mission or one of Box Hill Institute’s representatives.
Box Hill Institute provides an airport transfer service for new international students arriving in Melbourne. It covers transport from Melbourne International Airport to your nominated accommodation.
Note: Accompanying family and friends are charged a fee.
Box Hill institute can assist with accommodation arrangements for international students.
Please submit the Airport Transfer and Accommodation Request Form at least seven working days before your arrival date.
Attendance at the orientation is compulsory. Find out more about your Orientation Date and other important information here.
You must formally enrol in the subjects/units for the first year of your course before classes commence, by:
- Completing a green International Student Enrolment Form with the relevant teaching centre course coordinator. This may be done individually or as part of a scheduled enrolment session
- Obtaining sign-off on your unit enrolment from International Student Services staff
- Lodging your International Student Enrolment Form with Student Administration. At the time of form lodgement you pay the Service and Amenity fee and relevant Materials Fees and obtain a Student ID Card and Student Diary.