Dr Sam McCurdy
BOX HILL INSTITUTE BOARD MEMBER
Staff Elected Board Member
- 21697VIC Diploma of Vocational Education & Training Practice, Box Hill Institute
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment, Box Hill Institute
- Part Time General Service Officer First Appointment Course, Australian Army Reserve
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science BVSc (Hons), University of Melbourne
- Faculty representative on BHI Accreditation Subcommittee, VETBOS & HEBOS
- BHI representative on Senior Council of Vocational Education and Training Providers (Community Services and Health)
- Member of the Australian Veterinary Association
Sam is a veterinary surgeon who has worked at Box Hill Institute since 2009. Before this, he was a veterinarian in private practice and an Officer in the Australian Army Reserve. Sam progressed from a casual teacher to Head of Veterinary Nursing, Centre Manager, Head of School and is now Dean of the Faculty of Health, Community and Life Sciences. He was appointed as the staff elected member on the Board in July 2018.
Sam has experience in leadership and management including strategic planning, financial management, practical training delivery, course development, academic compliance, WHS, business development, contract negotiations, networking and resourcing. He is familiar with Box Hill Institute’s policies, procedures, systems and processes.
Sam is a strong advocate for real training that delivers work skills for real jobs. He promotes pathways from vocational education and training into higher education, and encourages life-long learning. Outside of work he is a keen cyclist, swimmer and triathlete.