Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP)
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) provides free English language training to eligible migrants and refugees in their first five years in Australia.
Box Hill Institute provides:
- High quality English language training, guidance and support.
- A safe and supportive learning environment.
- Staff that are appropriately skilled and experienced.
- Guidance and support to settle in Australia.
- Free culturally appropriate childcare for eligible children while attending AMEP
You may be eligible for the AMEP if you are a permanent resident of Australia or you hold an eligible temporary visa. In addition, you must meet the following time frames from the date of your visa commencement or arrival in Australia to remain eligible:
- register with an AMEP service provider within six months (or 12 months if you are under 18 years of age when you arrived in Australia)
- commence your tuition within 12 months
- complete your tuition within five years.
For more information, call one of our centres.
Classes operate from 9:30 AM to 3 PM during weekdays at all campuses. Saturday morning classes operate in Box Hill and the City. Evening classes are available in the City.
You can study one to four days per week.
Box Hill Institute English classes operate from four campuses:
AMEP Box Hill
3rd Floor, Building 7, 465 Elgar Road
Phone 03 8892 1223
SMS +61 429 838 674 (any language)
Mezzanine, 278 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
Phone 03 8892 1220
SMS +61 429 775 331 (any language)
34-40 John Street, Lilydale
Phone 03 8892 1210
SMS +61 447 101 885 (any language)
Bedford Park, Rosewarne Lane, Ringwood East
Phone 03 8892 1212
SMS +61 447 101 885
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) and Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program are funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training