Win Studio Time @ Sing Sing East: Terms & Conditions
- The Box Hill Studio Time competition to win recording studio time with a sound engineer at the Sing Sing East studio located at Box Hill Institute’s Nelson Campus, Melbourne, Australia (the “Competition”).
- The Competition will be conducted and a prize will be awarded in accordance with these Competition Rules.
- The Competition is open to those from any band or solo artist (“You”).
- Employees of Box Hill Institute (“BHI”, “We”), or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Competition may not enter the Competition.
- To enter the Competition, You must complete the online form at https://www.boxhill.edu.au/studiotime
- By entering the Competition You are accepting these Competition Rules.
- If You have any questions on how to enter, please e-mail us at email@example.com with “Box Hill Studio Time Competition” in the subject line.
- When sending in your Competition entry, You must provide your name, telephone number, and e-mail address. We will only use this information in relation to the Competition (including checking your eligibility to enter it and announcing the winner) and will not use it for any other purposes whatsoever. We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Competition.
- No restrictions on the amount of entries to the Competition.
- The competition will commence on 1st December 2018. We must receive your entry to the Competition by 5:00 pm Australian Eastern Time (AST) on Friday 18th January 2019. Entries received after this closing date will not be considered.
- You will compete for the following prize:
- The winner will receive sixteen (16) hours studio time with an engineer worth approximately AU$2400 (the “Studio Prize”)
- Except as otherwise set these Competition Rules, You must pay all costs associated with your Competition entry and claiming the Studio Prize, including but not limited to airfares, hotel, per diem costs and transportation, travel and medical insurance.
- The winner will be notified either by email or telephone on or shortly after Monday 21st January 2019. At the time of notification the winner will be given details of how to arrange the studio time part of the prize.
- The prize cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
- We will substitute the prize with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prize offered are not available.
PICKING THE WINNER
- The competition will be of pure chance and all entries will be placed into a random draw. A winner will be drawn at random.
- The winning entry will be announced on BHI Music Facebook page facebook.com/boxhillmusic on Monday 21st January 5:00PM or (if BHI needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PUBLISHING THE WINNING ENTRY
- The winning entry will be published on BHI Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BoxHillMusic/.
- You own the copyright to Your Competition entry as its author. You represent and warrant that You have (and will continue to have during the duration of the Competition) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable BHI to use your Competition entry and that the entry is your own original work, that it is not defamatory, obscene and that it shall not infringe any third party rights including, without limitation, privacy. You will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request. We reserve the right not to display or to cease to display your Competition entry for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that your entry is in breach of this paragraph 20 or is in breach of any applicable law or regulation or otherwise may create a liability for BHI.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, You give BHI:
- permission for your entry to be broadcast on the BHI website, the Facebook website and grant BHI royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute your Competition entry in electronic format for any purpose; and
- the right to use your name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying You as the author of your entry.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted.
- We take no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The winner may be required for promotional activity.
- Nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude the liability of BHI for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- BHI accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. BHI further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
- BHI reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of BHI in all matters under its control is final and binding.
- BHI shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Competition will be governed by the laws of the State of Victoria.