Associate Degree in Commerce (Applied)
Our commerce course is your ticket to getting the ‘big picture’ in business, giving you the wide range of business management skills to get yourself job ready and put your employer in the box seat for a highly efficient and profitable workplace.
Offering you the opportunity to develop your business skills and be part of a learning community that provides the necessary support to help you achieve your goals, through practical teaching you will be equipped with all of the relevant skills and knowledge to succeed in the business world.
Our flexible study options include online learning, the opportunity to study extra units outside of standard teaching hours and varied unit delivery times including weekdays, evenings and weekends.
Our supportive small group environments mean you are more than just a face in a crowded lecture theatre, giving you one-on-one support to assist your learning. Committed and passionate teachers, with practical experience in their field of expertise, use innovative teaching strategies to assist you in developing your subject knowledge.
Offering courses at both degree and associate degree levels, your studies will focus on developing your skills in key areas such as:
- accounting (including auditing and taxation)
- business ethics
- international business (subject to the number of students enrolled)
Our courses are designed to meet the emerging demands of business and the broader community, exposing you to real business issues and opportunities relevant to the national and global marketplace.
Get an inside view of what it’s like to study commerce with us and read our student profiles from Rainier Culwick and Ekram Alpogut. One of our commerce students, Huong Dang Thi, has also won the ‘Victorian International Student of the Year’ Higher Education award and the Premier’s ‘International Student of the Year’ Award.
Take the next step towards making your mark in the dynamic world of business and commerce.
|VTAC Code||Box Hill-5100251302; City-5100151302; Lilydale-5100551302;|
|Study Level||Associate Degree|
FT: 2 years, (or PT equivalent)
|Course Type||Associate Degree|
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Full Tuition Fee||$14,760.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||No materials fee applies|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
February and July
Full time: 2 years or part time equivalent
Delivery is face to face with classes scheduled on weekdays
VTAC applicant (Year 12 student)
- You must have successfully completed VCE with a study score of at least 20 in units 3 and 4 English (any). The following VCE subjects would benefit students undertaking the degree: accounting, economics, legal studies and mathematics
Direct entry (Non-Year 12 applicant)
- You must have completed a relevant tertiary program or have evidence of current employment or experience in industry and evidence of ability to meet the educational demands of the program
After successful completion, you can apply for entry into the Bachelor of Commerce (Applied). You may be eligible to receive credit equivalent of 4 semesters in duration and can complete the Bachelor Degree within 1 year of full-time study.
VTAC application and direct entry available
Applicants completing secondary education (Year 12) or equivalent must:
- Submit a VTAC Application
All other applicants must:
- submit an application (via Apply Now above)
This course is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and the qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level 6 and Box Hill Institute Graduate Attributes.
Graduates will acquire:
- a relevant body of business knowledge, with depth in the underlying principles and concepts in one or more disciplines as a basis for independent lifelong learning
- cognitive skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge
- cognitive and technical skills to demonstrate a broad understanding of knowledge with depth in some areas
- cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgment in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence
- communication skills to present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas
Completion of 16 subjects (96 points).
We expect to enrol between 8 and 20 students.