Associate Degree in Hospitality Management
Our hospitality management course will help you advance in the hospitality industry and increase your prospects of getting a senior hospitality position.
In our course you’ll gain specific skills in:
- marketing concepts
- business economics
- accounting in relation to decision-making
- management of projects
- organisational behaviour
- social research
- business statistics
Please note: this course caters to both Australian and international standards, requires the handling and tasting of alcohol, and does not include Halal products. We use products containing alcohol and pork during assessment.
If you have completed hospitality courses, up to a Diploma of Hospitality, you may be eligible to receive credit towards this hospitality associate degree.
FT: 2 years, (or PT equivalent)
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Full Tuition Fee||$14,196.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||No materials fee applies|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
February and July
Full time: 2 years or part time equivalent
Delivery is face to face with classes scheduled on weekdays
- have successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent with a minimum study score of 20 for English; or
- be a mature-age applicant with evidence of current employment or experience in industry and evidence of ability to meet the educational demands of the program
If you have completed an accredited diploma or advanced diploma in tourism/events or hospitality you may receive credit towards this degree.
Successful completion will enable you to apply for entry into the final year of our Bachelor of Hospitality Management.
VTAC application and direct entry available
Applicants completing secondary education (Year 12) or equivalent must:
- Submit a VTAC Application
All other applicants must:
- submit an application (via Apply Now above)
This course is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and the qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level 7 and Box Hill Institute Graduate Attributes.
Graduates will have:
- a broad and coherent body of knowledge with depth in the underlying principles and concepts in one or more disciplines as a basis for independent lifelong learning
- cognitive skills to review critically, analyse, consolidate and synthesise knowledge
- cognitive and technical skills to demonstrate a broad understanding of knowledge with depth in some areas
- cognitive and creative skills to exercise critical thinking and judgment in identifying and solving problems with intellectual independence
- communication skills to present a clear, coherent and independent exposition of knowledge and ideas
Completion of 16 subjects (96 points)
We expect to enrol between 5 and 10 students.