Certificate III in Security Equipment
Develop a thorough understanding of how security systems work. Our 3-year security equipment apprenticeship will provide you with practical and comprehensive training in the installation and pre-commissioning set up of wired and wireless security systems in multiple, commercial industrial premises. You will learn from current industry professionals:
- to work safely in the construction industry
- to provide first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- to use hand and power tools essential to the trade
- to source and purchase materials/parts for installation or service jobs
- to deliver a service to customers
- to correctly install and maintain security systems equipment including closed circuit television or CCTV
- to diagnose and rectify faults
- to provide quotations for installation and service jobs
- to maintain documentation
- to use workplace computer applications
FT: 3 years,
|Campuses||Workplace, Box Hill|
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Apprentice Gov. Subsidised||$850.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$5,610.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$272.00|
|Retain Course Items***||$42.00|
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
You can enrol throughout the year
Full time: 3 years
- be registered with an Australian Apprenticeship Centre
- have a training contract with an employer
To assist prospective students to determine whether a course is suitable and appropriate for the individual needs the Institute and CAE will assess all students’ language, literacy and numeracy and digital literacy by asking you to undertake a self-assessment review prior to the enrolment.
A course advisor will discuss the outcomes of the review and make recommendations about whether the course is suitable for you, and identify additional support where required.
After successfully completing this course, you may want to broaden your skills in a Certificate IV or Diploma in Electrotechnology.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level 3
You may apply for employment as an alarm installer for a company that specialises in security equipment. As this course is nationally recognised, interstate employment is also an option for you.
You must complete 13 core units and elective units totalling 420 hours.