About the course
Get your career game on and design your future career in the exciting and highly rewarding field of video game design with our digital and interactive games course.
If you’ve recently completed Year 11 or 12, our digital and interactive games course gives you insight into both the programming and art disciplines of game design, and more broadly what's required to succeed in this exciting industry.
You'll learn how to:
- create illustrations and designs for animations, characters and environments
- create 3D models for environments
- make your own 3D animations
- take your own character concept from 2D illustration into a 3D modelled character that you will animate and place in your game
- create textures for your environments and characters using the industry standard Substance Painter to create high quality PBR Textures
- use both Unreal Engine 4 and Unity game engines to create and design game levels and even create your own game by the end of the certificate
- develop your own characters using industry-standard software applications
Study three core areas over two semesters - art, programming and a collaborative project. Our digital and interactive games course is structured to give you the option of picking up the Certificate IV in Digital Media Technologies as an optional second qualification in Semester 2.
|Like Box Hill Institute - IT & Cyber Security on Facebook || |
|Follow Box Hill Institute - IT & Cyber Security on Instagram || |
Course will be replaced
Please note: This training package will change in the near future and minor alterations to the course will occur. All new students will be enrolled into the new course.