Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
Equip yourself with the skills to train others to drive a motor vehicle. In our road transport and logistics course you will acquire the best methods to design, construct and deliver lesson plans. You will learn in a very positive learning environment, which includes a variety of class time, online learning and extensive on-road training. You will also gain skills to run your own business, such as customer services, basic bookkeeping, and safety procedures.
With our road transport and logistics course, you will receive the guidance of highly skilled and respected instructors, and you will study:
- the art of car control through verbal instruction
- how to safely use the dual control systems in driving school vehicles
- how to physically take control of the situation during an emergency
Automotive & Driving Instruction
|Study Level||Certificate IV|
PT: 17 weeks
|Course Type||Victorian TAFE Course|
|Campuses||Box Hill Campus|
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - Standard||$1,762.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession||$352.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$5,024.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$348.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
Part time (weekend) start dates for 2019 include:
- 23 February - June
- 20 July - November
Please note that start dates are subject to change.
Part time: 17 weeks
- hold a current full Victorian or Australian driver’s licence
- complete a 30 minute driving assessment to determine your suitability for the course (bookings essential 92869118 at additional cost)
- complete a diagnostic assessment at Box Hill Institute to a satisfactory entry level
- be proficient in written and spoken English
- have basic computer skills and access to the internet
- apply for a Unique Student Identifier Number
When you apply for your Driver’s Instructor Authority (DIA) on completion of this course, you must have a:
- current Working with Children Check
- National Police Record Check
- medical check
You may wish to study further modules and gain your Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, which will enable you to train others. Taking extra modules in other courses will allow you to teach truck drivers or motorcyclists.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level 4
You will be qualified to teach and prepare clients in obtaining a Victorian drivers licence (in vehicles under 4.5 tonne) for your own business or registered driving schools. Work in this field can be challenging as well as flexible enabling you to decide on your own working hours.
12 core modules