Course in Introduction to the National Disability Insurance Scheme
Are you interested in commencing a career in the disability sector? Do you currently work in the disability sector and wish to complement your existing skills and knowledge?
This introductory course provides training for people who want to provide services to NDIS participants within the disability sector.
You will develop skills and knowledge in:
- supporting an NDIS participant to achieve their stated goals
- working within a human rights framework to ensure NDIS participant personal safety
- working safely when supporting an NDIS participant
- completing and processing required documentation
- working effectively with others
|Study Level||Short Course|
|14/Jan/2019||23/Jan/2019||$95.20, $18.80 Concession||COMHNDIS01E - 6 Sessions - Mon/Tue/Wed - 9am-4:30pm - 14 Jan to 23 Jan 2019|
Our teachers have extensive experience working in the disability sector. All teachers have vocational qualifications in disability studies.
To complete the requirements of this course, competency in the following unit must be demonstrated Work Effectively With a National Disability Insurance Scheme Participant (VU22448).
As a general guide to entry, you will be best equipped to achieve the course if you have language, literacy and numeracy skills equivalent to the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3. Testing will be available at the Information session.
If you have language, literacy and numeracy skills at lower levels you may require additional support to successfully undertake the course.
All of the learning materials will be available to you once you have enrolled. There is no need for you to buy anything in addition to this.
This introductory course is suited to:
- new entrants into the disability sector and provides a pathway to further qualifications
- individuals employed by an organisation to provide funded services to an NDIS participant
- individuals self employed and working as a sole trader when directly employed by an NDIS participant to provide funded services to the participant
Certificate III in Individual Support, Certificate III in Education Support, Certificate IV in Disability, Diploma of Community Services
Upon successful completion of this program, you will have the basic knowledge required to work within the NDIS environment – it is not intended as a replacement for full certificate level qualifications.