Indonesian: Elementary 1
The course is based on short practical dialogues dealing with daily life. Each lesson contains speaking, listening, and reading activities with short written tasks given as homework. Further to the language component, there is also instruction about Indonesian culture which is brought to life through short films, clips and discussion.
|Study Level||Short Course|
|21/Mar/2019||6/Jun/2019||$349, $332 Concession||DLV78803C 9 x Thu 6-8pm 21 Mar to 06 Jun 2019|
|30/Apr/2019||25/Jun/2019||$349, $332 Concession||DLV78805C 9 x Tue 6-8pm 30 Apr to 25 Jun 2019|
Topics will include:
- Greeting and introducing oneself
- Personal environment and possessions
- In the restaurant
- Going on an outing
- Making telephone calls
IF YOU HAVE HAD SOME PREVIOUS EXPOSURE TO THE LANGUAGE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT CAE FOR A SKILL ASSESSMENT PRIOR TO ENROLLING.
N.B. CAE withdrawal policy does not allow for refund or transfer once the course has started in the event that the level of the class is not suitable.
Textbook: Arnost, Vladimir; Kusumastuty, Novy; Lancar Berbahasa Indonesia Book I (2nd ed) Dellasta, 1996
ISBN: 9781875627851 .
Available from The Lote Bookshop, 3 Charles Street Coburg. Phone: 1300 656 623.
***Cancellation or postponements are notified 48 hours before class commencement. Please consider this before purchasing class materials***
Suitable for complete beginners.
Those who have completed this course are both eligible and encouraged to continue by enrolling in Indonesian Elementary 2
By the end of this course students should be able to:
- introduce themselves and others and use basic expressions;
- engage in simple conversations and exchange personal information about family, home, hobbies, work, and nationality;
- use simple Indonesian to entertain guests;
- invite someone for an outing;
- converse using basic language with people in the community while travelling;
- have a basic understanding and appreciation of the values and customs of Indonesian communities.