Introduction to Zookeeping
Our zookeeping course provides a general overview of the skills and knowledge required for working in the zookeeping industry. Learn about zoo operations, basic species management, animal behaviour and environmental enrichment. This information will be consolidated with a visit to the zoo.
|Study Level||Short Course|
|27/Sep/2018||5/Oct/2018||$450, $450 Concession||SASAAS9901E - 4 Sessions - Thu/Fri - 9:30am-3:30pm - 27 Sep to 05 Oct 2018|
Classroom based and includes a visit to the zoo at the end of the course. This course will also cover some of the underpinning knowledge required for the units of competency from the animal care and management-training package.
- An attempt to order many diverse things into groups, with items within each group sharing common features.
- Theory of animal behavior: (i) Psychology, (ii)Ethnology Ecology
- Location and distribution of species.
Upsetting the Balance
- Effects of introduced species.
- An emotional issue – whether or not to keep native wildlife as pets, what to do with injured animals.
Endangered Species and Research Projects
- A species whose numbers have been reduced to a critical level such that it is in danger of extinction.
Pen and paper