Python Programming for Cyber Security
From confidential company data to personal information, more connections make data more vulnerable to attacks, increasing the demand for professionals with cyber security skills. Within our python programming for cyber security course, you will develop intermediate skills in using Python: the principal scripting language used in penetration testing within cyber security. Adding Python to your skill set will open the door to penetration testing within cyber security, including the PEN Testing Fundamentals in Cyber Security course.
|Study Level||Short Course|
During this course, you will learn:
- how to describe the features of the Python language
- types and operations
- statements and syntax
- Intellectual Property, copyright, law and licenses
Basic understanding of IT. Some knowledge of coding would be beneficial.
All learning materials are provided.
This course is designed to provide an introduction to cyber security for students new to the study area or IT and networking professionals looking to expand their skill sets.
The skills learnt in this course are a prerequisite for further study in the area, including the following courses:
- Cisco Cyber Security Essentials
- Basic IT Skills for Cyber Security
- Networking Essentials for Cyber Security Practitioners
- Cyber Security Intrusion Detection Fundamentals
- Cyber Security Incident Response Fundamentals
- PEN Testing Fundamentals in Cyber Security
- Advanced PEN Testing Fundamentals in Cyber Security
- Certificate IV in Cyber Security
You have the option to complete the assessment for the unit of competency ICTPRG407 Write Script for Software Applications. ICTPRG407 is core unit in the Certificate IV in Cyber Security, therefore, upon successful completion you will automatically receive a credit transfer.
Alternatively, students who do not wish to complete the assessment can receive an ungraded participation mark.