Ski and Snowboard Guide – Overnight
Did you know that the alpine ski sector employs around 10,000 people? During this 5-day training program you will gain skills in planning and guiding overnight ski tours, learn to interpret weather for mountain environments and learn how to navigate within this environment by ski and snowboard.
Delivered at either Falls Creek or Mount Hotham, you will complete 9 accredited units from the Skiing Guide Overnight Ski Touring Skill Set. This course is designed to provide a pathway for outdoor professionals, ski instructors and other alpine professionals into ski touring and in particular, overnight snow sports guiding.
This course is perfectly suited to those who wish to travel and work internationally in the snow sports guiding world particularly back country. Participants will be required to show or develop a range of experience outside the course.
Sport & Recreation
|Study Level||Short Course|
- SISONAV403A Navigate in uncontrolled environments
- SISOODR302A Plan outdoor recreation activities
- SISOOPS202A Use and maintain a temporary or overnight site
- SISOOPS509A Interpret weather for mountain environments
- SISOSKT407A Overnight ski or snowboard tour in difficult terrain using advanced ski touring skills
- SISOSKT408A Apply snow craft skills for overnight touring
- SISOSKT410A Guide overnight ski tours
- SISXRSK301A Undertake risk analysis of activities
- SISOSKB404A Snowboard on advanced terrain