Working with tractors can be dangerous. This tractor course will provide you with the knowledge and skill to safely operate tractors in the workplace.
In our tractor course you will learn to:
- identify hazards and implement safe operating procedures
- carry out pre-operational checks and maintenance including tagging defects
- set and secure attachments according to manufacturer’s directions
- steer, manoeuvre and position the tractor in a safe and controlled manner
- utilise the various components and controls of the tractor
- secure, adjust and calibrate attachments and implements for operation
- operate tractors in a range of surface and terrain conditions, with and without attachments and implements
- carry out shut down procedures
- follow enterprise biosecurity protocols where required
|Study Level||Short Course|
People currently employed or seeking employment in amenity horticulture, production horticulture and land management.
These units are regarded as key in enhancing your employment opportunities for local government, as well as for roles as a contractor in the areas of parks and gardens, production horticulture and land management.