Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior)
Create your individual pathway to employment or further studies with our Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (Senior) course. VCAL, like VCE, is an accredited Senior Secondary Certificate that is recognised internationally as a successful completion of secondary education. Our Senior VCAL course is an applied alternative to Year 12.
You can study our Senior VCAL course in a variety of adult learning settings. Gain an educational experience that includes applied work skills and industry-based learning as well as job-relevant literacy and numeracy skills. If you do not necessarily need to complete a traditional VCE to reach your desired goals, you’ll find our VCAL programs are more focused, more integrated and more sustainable for you.
Completing a VCAL program will help you transition into further study at TAFE and/or seek employment, including pre-apprenticeships and apprenticeships.
FT: 12 months
|Campuses||Lilydale, Box Hill|
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - VCAL||$1,380.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession VCAL||$276.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$420.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
Full time: 12 months (4 days a week)
You must have completed Intermediate VCAL, Year 11 or equivalent.
After successful completion, you may have an opportunity to progress into a Certificate III, IV or Diploma Course at Box Hill Institute. The area of study and credit transfers available will depend on the units you have previously completed.
You'll need to:
- attend an information session
- complete a supplementary application form (at the information session).
- provide the following documents: two most recent school reports, letter of recommendation from school/education provider or from any other referee, MIPS or Career Action Plan to support your application, a copy of your VASS Eligibility Report from your school
If you are under 17 years of age, you will be required to provide a completed Transition From School Form signed by your school principal.
If you are successful, you will receive a conditional letter of offer by post and email that will confirm your place in the program and support your Transition from School application. An interview may be required.
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level
This course may provide you with employment opportunities in your chosen industry. Options include a variety of roles within your goal industry.
In addition to the 7 core units listed below, you will study industry-based units as part of your course. You can choose to study in one of the industry areas listed below as part of your Senior VCAL Certificate:
- ACM20110 – Certificate II in Animal Studies
- 22216VIC – Certificate II in Building and Construction (Carpentry) Pre-apprenticeship
- CHC32015 – Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC22015 – Certificate II in Community Services (specialising in early childhood education)
- 22261VIC – Certificate II in Electrotechnology studies (Pre-vocational)
- SHB30215 – Certificate III in Make-Up
- ICT30115 – Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology (Lightmare Traineeship)
- 22304VIC – Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship)
- HLT33115 – Certificate III Health Service Assistance
- SIT30616 – Certificate III in Hospitality (Traineeship)