Check out the Frequently Asked questions about General Information for Students.

You can access your timetable and other relevant information via the StudentWeb or contact your teaching centre.

Log in to Student Web

Login ID

  • If you are a new student and have a seven digit ID card, eg. 0978001, use all seven digits as highlighted in red.
  • If your ID number starts with “X”, eg. X0507594009, then use the first seven digits after the X and highlighted in red.


If you are using StudentWeb for the first time, your initial password is your date of birth in the format YYYYMMDD. For example: 15 January 1979 becomes 19790115.

More information on StudentWeb access

If you are a holder of a valid Commonwealth Health Care Card you are entitled to buy concession fares on public transport. Otherwise, to obtain concessions on public transport, you must buy a Victorian Public Transport Tertiary Student Concession Card. 

More information on public transport concessions

As a student of Box Hill Institute, you must carry your ID card at all times while on campus.

Replacement ID cards cost $25 from Student Administration.

The fee will be waived if you lose your ID card as a consequence of your wallet being stolen and can produce a police report or a Statutory Declaration stating this.

Please advise Student Administration of any changes to your personal details.

You can use the Personal Details Variation form for change of:

  • Name (you will need to attach certified documentary evidence – that is, marriage certificate, deed poll notice – or present the original for viewing when you submit this form
  • Email address
  • Employer
  • Emergency contact

Complete the Personal Details Variation form and send it to Student Administration or visit Student Administration (please bring your photo ID).

Download form

The census date is the last date you can withdraw from a subject without being financially liable.

Check out this year census date

Most VET courses typically operate on the ‘standard semester’ model. A small number of creative arts courses may operate on the ‘trimester’ model. Both schedules are detailed. Please check with the relevant course coordinator as to final schedule per course. Non-teaching periods are a guide only, and some courses will operate throughout non-teaching periods. Actual periods will be confirmed by the relevant Head of School and may vary between courses.

Check VET courses term dates

Undergraduate and Post Graduate Courses term dates: Some courses will operate on the ‘standard semester’ model, and others may operate on the ‘trimester’ model. Contact us or call 1300 BOX HILL for more information.

Graduation is held in March. Detailed information of the event is posted in our Events section.

From 1 January 2015 if you are undertaking nationally recognised VET training you will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). This includes study in Certificate I-Vocational Graduate Diploma level courses, apprenticeships, skill sets, or undertaking VCAL or VET in Schools courses.

More information on USI

The Victorian Student Number (VSN) is a student identification number that is assigned by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to all students in government and non-government schools, and students in Vocational Education and Training Providers. 

More information on VSN