If you are a breastfeeding mother or need to express milk during your time on campus, there is a room allocated at Elgar Campus for this purpose.
- Contact Student Life on 9286 9891 (Elgar Campus E3.G56) to register your name, student ID and need.
- A swipe pass will be provided for the room. You will need to allow 24-48 hours for the pass to be activated. (Passes have a programmed end-date)
- There is a small special purpose fridge clearly labelled in the room for storing expressed milk. This fridge is solely for expressed milk however security of any stored milk is the parents responsibility and any milk stored must be clearly labelled.
Staff, students and the public (depending on availability) can use the child care facilities at Watts Street Children’s Centre. The centre provides:
- nutritious meals
- activities for different age groups
- a sun-smart environment
- a multicultural program
- a music and movement program
- a nappy wash service or disposable nappies.
The centre offers children aged between three months and six years a healthy and stimulating environment. Staff run activities for individual and group needs with programs based on the children’s age, development and interests.
Watts Street Children’s Centre
10–12 Watts Street, Box Hill 3128
Tel: (03) 9899 7411
Hours: Monday to Friday 7.15 am – 6.15 pm
Financial Assistance for Parents
Family Assistance Office: www.familyassist.gov.au