China – English Language Teacher Professional Development
Teacher Professional Development Solutions
|Project||English Language Teacher Professional Development for Nanxiang Town Education Committee|
|Client||Nanxiang Town Education Committee|
|Duration||2006 – 2008|
- 15 primary and secondary school teachers were identified to increase their English Language skills and to broaden their teaching methodologies.
- BHI developed a training course for teachers based on a brief from the Nanxiang Town Education Committee
- 15 participants came to BHI to undertake the 4 weeks training course. The course focussed on the four macro skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Customisation for best outcome included individual and group work, use of best practice resources, Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL), field trips including to a TESOL bookstore and practical Action Learning activities
- support for teachers including arranging accommodation in Australia and assistance in obtaining visas.