China, Vietnam – Master Trainer Program for Overseas Teachers
Teacher Training Solutions
|Project||Master Trainer Training Program for Teachers at Overseas Extended Campuses|
|Client||Various International Campuses|
|Country||China, Vietnam, Fiji, Kuwait, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia|
|Duration||2006 – current|
- the project is designed to address the quality of offshore delivery through offshore teacher development by providing an extensive train the trainer style program to qualified individuals from offshore institutes
- this program skills Certificate IV in Training and Assessment holders with the extra skills to train fellow teachers in the Certificate IV Training and Assessment using BHI materials and assistance from BHI staff.
- Box Hill Institute has refined the Master Trainer Program delivered under the NCVER Master Trainer Program to be delivered annually to senior teaching staff at overseas campuses. This is a 3 week course designed to be affordable and time sensitive for busy senior teaching staff
- only students who have previously completed the Certificate IV Training and Assessment can undertake this course
- the Master Trainer course is made up of units from the Diploma in Vocational Education and Training. The program has been customised including the learning and assessment resources for the purposes of offshore delivery, specifically dealing with cultural differences in delivery of competency based training and assessment
- students who complete this course are able to train fellow teachers at their International Campus in the Certificate IV Training and Assessment (awarded from BHI). BHI provides all materials for this and charges a nominal fee for administration. This ensures all teachers have a Certificate IV Training and Assessment and therefore International Campus courses delivered are AQTF compliant.
For more information on this project, please email Jill Baird or phone Jill on +613 9286 9825.