China, Vietnam – Pilot Program for Overseas Master Trainers
Teacher Training Solutions
|Project||Development and Delivery of Pilot Training Program for Master Trainers at overseas campuses|
|Client||National Center for Vocational Education Research|
|Country||China, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Fiji, Australia|
|Duration||2005 – 2006|
- the project was designed to address the quality of offshore delivery through offshore teacher development by providing an extensive train the trainer style program to qualified individuals from offshore institutes
- once completed by BHI, the program was then available for use by all registered training organisations for use in off shore delivery to ensure quality meets requirements of the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF).
- Box Hill Institute developed a Master Trainer Program, based on the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and Diploma in Vocational Education and Training. The model of teacher training has been customised including the learning and assessment resources for the purposes of offshore delivery, specifically dealing with cultural differences in delivery of competency based training and assessment
- students who completed this course obtained the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and selected units from the Diploma in Vocational Education and Training.
The project included the following key activities
- investigation of current practice in teacher training for offshore delivery to assess their perceptions of what is needed in an effective teacher training program for staff, based on the proposed Master Teacher Model
- development of materials to support a pilot of the proposed Master Teacher program including a learning and assessment plan, learning and assessment resources and facilitators guide
- pilot of a Master Teacher program with staff from various offshore training organisations. Participants included representatives from Vietnam, China, Fiji and Saudi Arabia
- evaluation of the program and once feedback was incorporated, publishing of learning and assessment resources.
For more information on this project, please email Jill Baird or phone Jill on +613 9286 9825.