Thailand – Hospitality Study Tour
Teacher Professional Development
|Project||Hospitality Study Tours|
|Client||Office of Vocational Education Commission, Ministry of Education, Thailand|
- hospitality teachers from different Training Institutes in Thailand undertook a study tour to Australia
- the purpose of the tour was to gain an understanding of vocational hospitality training in Australia and skills and techniques employed by Australian teachers and apply them in Thailand.
- BHI worked closely with the Office of Vocational Education Commission to design a 3 week study tour that met the requirements of the Office
- BHI arranged transport, accommodation, training needs including visits to local attractions including the Great Ocean Road, Sovereign Hill (1800’s colonial and gold mining town) and Victoria Market
- the group undertook classes on vocational education techniques, hospitality training, “shadowed” BHI teachers and English Language Training
- to provide context between training linkages to industry, several industry visits were included in the study tour.
For more information on this project, please email Jennie Dehn or phone Jennie on +613 9286 9981.