United Arab Emirates – DUBAL Training Development
Resource Development & Trainer Training Solutions
|Project||Dubai Aluminium Company Limited (DUBAL) Trainer Training and Engineering Training Resource Development|
|Client||Dubai Aluminium Company Limited|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Duration||2006 – Current|
- DUBAL Training Centre two locations are on plant and off plant near the company’s main smelter in Dubai. Training for all staff occurs at the training centre. This ranges from smelter workers and technicians through to managers
- DUBAL wanted access to world best practice training for training technical, trade, post trade and operator staff. This was to increase productivity of staff as this was noted as the strategic advantage for DUBAL. Moving from 6 in the rankings to 5 for efficiency through capacity building would increase the advantage of DUBAL over other aluminium producers.
- BHI analysed the training needs of DUBAL, and identified areas of benefit to DUBAL. This included up-skilling trainers and developing a training program suitable for DUBAL operator and technician staff
- BHI has delivered Certificate IV Training and Assessment to DUBAL trainers both in- country and in Australia. This has increased the capacity of DUBAL trainers to deliver competency based training and enhance the competitiveness of the company
- BHI and DUBAL decided to deliver Australian Qualifications in the Certificate III Engineering- Mechanical Trade and Certificate III Engineering – Electronics/ Electrical Trade under the innovative BHI International Extended Campus model
- customisation included: Contextualisation of training resources including case studies aligned with company strategic objectives, increased access to BHI subject matter experts, teacher training solutions, training and moderation visits and moderation only visits.
For more information on this project, please email James Stafford or phone James on +613 9286 9699.