All Australian institutes providing courses for international students are required to comply with the Educational Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 and National Code of Practice 2018. You are assured of a quality education and a high standard of service when you study at Box Hill Institute.
The ESOS framework protects your rights, including your right to:
- sign a written agreement with your provider before or as you pay fees, setting out the services provided, fees payable and information about refunds of course money. You should keep a copy of your written agreement.
- get the education for which you have paid. The ESOS framework includes consumer protection that will allow you to receive a refund or to be placed in another course if your provider is unable to teach your course.
The ESOS framework protects your right to know:
- how to use your provider’s student support services
- who the contact officer or officers are for overseas students
- if you can apply for course credit when your enrolment can be deferred, suspended or cancelled
- what your provider’s requirements are for satisfactory progress in the courses you study
- if attendance will be monitored for those courses
- what will happen if you want to change providers
- how to use your provider’s complaints and appeals process.