What is TAFE?
TAFE stands for Technical and Further Education. TAFE is Australia’s largest provider of vocational education and training. More than 350,000 people are enrolled in TAFE in Victoria alone.
TAFE provides an accessible, affordable and flexible solution for all your training and further education needs. And you can be confident because Box Hill Institute is government funded and a registered provider.
TAFE is for you if you are:
- a school-leaver seeking to further your education and training
- seeking qualifications and skills you need to find your first job and build your career
- already working and want to upgrade or expand your knowledge and skills to further your career
- interested in working and earning while you’re learning through an apprenticeship or traineeship
- looking for a pathway to university
- an international student looking to improve your English skills
- exploring your interests.
TAFE is the solution for many people as it:
- provides Australia’s widest choice of education and training
- provides the assurance of a government-funded and registered provider
- has nationally and internationally recognised courses
- has practical and up-to-date courses
- attracts people of all ages, from all walks of life
- offers flexibility through different modes of study — full time, part time, flexible, distance and online
- provides assistance for people with special needs
- provides recognition of prior learning, so you don’t have to start from scratch
- gets you ready for work and helps you build an interesting and successful career
- offers a wide range of qualifications, including certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas and degrees
- offers diverse short courses
- provides opportunities to complete your secondary school studies
- enables you to study while you are still at school or working full time
- allows you to learn on the job through an apprenticeship or traineeship
- can help you gain entry to university
- is affordable — TAFE courses are HECS free.