Initially, international students cannot work in Australia. Students who have completed their course enrolment formalities may apply to the Department of Home Affairs (formerly DIBP) for a Visa with Work Rights.

The working permit allows international students to work up to 40 hours per fortnight* when courses are in session, provided that work does not interfere with studies.
During vacation periods full-time employment is allowed. International students should not rely on part time employment as a means of support as employment may not be easy to find.

For more information about working while studying, please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website.

*A fortnight means any period of 14 days commencing on a Monday and ending at the end of the second following Sunday.