Box Hill Institute is proud of our outstandingly-talented students, and our inspirational staff and teachers.
Each year, the Student of the Year Awards are presented to students who have been nominated and selected for their outstanding academic achievements, leadership qualities, industry service and commitment to learning.
They are an opportunity to showcase and celebrate their achievements. This 2016 winners are:
Vocational Student of the Year
Coral Baker, Diploma of Visual Arts
VCE/VCAL Student of the Year
Amy Humme, iVCAL
VET in Schools Student of the Year
Eliza Stott, Certificate II in Equine Studies
1st Year Apprentice of the Year
Ben Gillick-Walker, Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
2nd Year Apprentice of the Year
Cindy Wilson, Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
3rd Year Apprentice of the Year
Cody Duff, Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
Degree Student of the Year
Benjamin Rausa, Bachelor of Music Business
International Student of the Year
Emmely Chan, Bachelor of Hospitality Management
We wish all of our students, graduates and winners the very best in their studies. The Box Hill Institute alumni are testament that with hard work, dedication and a genuine passion for the subject, any student can excel and live their dream in their life after Box Hill Institute.
Some of our thousands of alumni include:
- Belinda Hocking – Olympic Swimmer competing in Rio 2016
- George Calombaris – Chef/Restaurateur, judge on Masterchef Australia
- Chris Cheney – Musician, Guitarist & Lead Vocalist for The Living End
- Helen Croome – Musician, Songwriter & Lead Vocalist for Gossling
- Guy Grossi – Owner of famous Melbourne restaurant Grossi Florentino
- Matthew Richardson – Richmond Football Club player turned commentator
- Curtis Stone, Chef and Owner of Beverly Hills restaurant, Maude
- Tobie Puttock, Executive Head-Chef of Melbourne’s Fifteen restaurant
We’re currently accepting applications for mid-year courses – don’t wait til 2017 to get started!
If you’re not sure what to study, you can browse our courses here.