The Victorian and Commonwealth Governments are investing $10.42m each in delivery of accredited online courses (skill sets) to customer-facing workers in critical industries.
Box Hill Institute has developed three of the four infection control skill sets on behalf of the Victorian Government to directly respond to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. These skill sets are free for delivery to customer-facing employed workers. The skill sets will help workers ensure their workplaces are safe and help to stop the spread of COVID-19.
The skills sets are:
- HLTSS00067 − Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics)
- HLTSS00065 − Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 − Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
- BSBSS00095 − Cross-Sector Infection Control Skill Set
Delivery is available online or on-campus and each skill set takes approximately 25 hours to complete.
Upon completion of each skill set, participants will be able to:
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
Who can participate in the Skill Sets?
- Any customer facing worker who is eligible to work or volunteer in Australia, irrespective of their citizenship or residency status
- Priority will be given to those working in retail, food handling, and transport and logistics
- Students must not have previously completed the individual skill set they are seeking to enrol in or any of the other infection control skill sets
What do participants receive for completing a Skill Set?
- Participants will receive a statement of attainment when they have completed a skill set