Interview Requirements – Design, Graphic Design & Interior Design
Preparing for your interview
If you have applied for:
- CUA60315 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design,
- CUA50715 Diploma of Graphic Design,
- CUA40715 Certificate IV Design,
- MSF40113 Certificate IV in Interior Decoration,
- SIR50217 Diploma of Visual Merchandising,
Please make sure that you have booked your interview time using our online booking system.
When attending your interview bring any other material such as samples of your work, photos, etc. that you have that could support your application.
Work will be viewed and returned to you at time of your interview.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible for consideration for selection into this course, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the VCE preferred, but not essential
- Provide evidence of a strong desire to be involved in the design industry
- Satisfactorily demonstrate an ability to complete the course
- Present a folio and be able to discuss the thinking behind each project and the process undertaken
Folio Content Guide
- 10 to 15 small works – drawings, paintings, photos or digital artwork, or
- 3 to 4 major projects including development work
Interview Preparation Checklist
This checklist is intended to assist you in assembling materials and preparing for your interview.
- All relevant references
- A summary of relevant experience
- Programs from past shows you were involved with
- Your application for interview
- A passport sized photo of you
- A black or blue pen
- Thought about any questions on the course you want answered
We run workshops to assist you in developing your skills to be successful at interviewing where folio presentation is required. It includes preparation, presentation, and selection of material.
You will achieve the unit of competence CUAPPR201 Make Simple Creative Work and receive a Statement of Attainment.