Interview requirements – Live Production, Technical Services, Audio and Sound Production
Preparing for your interview
If you have applied for the following courses please make sure that you have booked your interview time using our online booking system:
- CUA50415 Diploma of Live Production and Technical Services
- CUA50815 Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production)
- BASP1 Bachelor of Sound Production
- 0008BAMA3 Bachelor of Applied Music – Audio Production
When attending your interview please bring any other material such as samples of your work, photos, etc. that you have to support your application.
Work will be viewed and returned to you at the time of your interview.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible for consideration for selection into this course, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) preferred, but not essential.
- Provide evidence of a strong desire to be involved in the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrate an interest in, and an understanding of, the various roles within the industry.
- Provide evidence of involvement in one or more of these roles, either professionally, or within amateur theatre, school experience or other similar activities.
- Satisfactory completion of the interview questionnaire.
- Satisfactorily demonstrate an ability to complete the course
- Show you have the skills to work at diploma level in audio, lighting and stage management.
Interview Preparation Checklist
This checklist is intended to assist you in assembling materials and preparing for your interview.
- All relevant references
- A summary of relevant experience
- Any photos or other relevant material
- Programs from past shows you were involved with
- Your application for interview
- A passport sized photo of you
- A black or blue pen
- Thought about any questions on the course you want answered
Note: Certificate IV in Live Production and Technical Services and Certificate IV in Music Industry (Sound Production) do not require a supplementary application and you can enrol now by contacting our enrolment hub (City campus, Box Hill campus or Lilydale campus).
We run workshops to assist you develop your skills to be successful at auditions. It includes preparation, presentation, and selection of material.
You will achieve the unit of competence CUAPRF304 Develop Audition Techniques and receive a Statement of Attainment.