‘Exploring Being My Own Boss’ Workshop
Have you ever had a business idea or a dream of being your own boss but you are not sure where to start? ‘Exploring being your Own Boss’ is a free program funded by the Department of Employment and delivered through the Box Hill Institute Business Enterprise Center by experienced small business operators and trainers, for eligible participants.
HOW IT WORKS
The ‘Exploring Being My Own Boss’ Workshops are designed to give participants a taste of entrepreneurship and self-employment and support those that have a business idea or a dream of being their own boss, but who might not be at a stage that they could commence their business straightaway.
This Short Course is delivered over ten days and covers the basics of how to establish your own small business through a series of workshops you will gain confidence to bring your business idea to life and you support you to develop your business idea.
- 2 weeks workshop, 5 days a week (9am -3.00pm)
- Complementary Placement intended to allow Workshop Participants to experience first-hand what it takes to run a small business.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
Key Topic Areas
- Understanding of the mindset required to navigate an entrepreneurial path.
- Collecting information for your concept
- Developing your brand
- Understanding your online presence
- Awareness of legal & taxation issues
- Identifying opportunities in your community
- Marketing Channels
- Communicating with target customers
- The changing face of work
AM I ELIGIBLE?
You can participate in ‘Exploring being your Own Boss’ workshop if you fall under any of the following categories;
- 18 – 24 year old
- People with a disability
- Retrenched workers
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Not in education or training
- NEIS (New Enterprise Incentive Scheme)
- Certificate III Microbusiness Operations
- Business operator
- Small business owner
WHERE IS THE TRAINING DELIVERED?
Training delivered at the Box Hill Elgar Campus and the City Campus at CAE
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Please contact our office hotline on 8892 2152 or by email email@example.com
Or attend one of our information sessions at Box Hill Elgar campus or City campus.
Box Hill BEC
465 Elgar Road
Box Hill, VIC 3136
Program Start Dates
11th February 2019