Skills Partnership Program
The School of Health Science’s Skills Partnership Program promotes work skills to make our students job ready. This relies on strategic partnerships with industry. Our new Skills Partnership Program provides employers with access to tailored training programs, reduced fees, introduction to future employees, priority service and the opportunity to help shape our training delivery.
The School of Health Sciences delivers nationally recognised vocational education and training in Animal Sciences, Sciences, Health, Hairdressing, Beauty, Floristry, Children’s & Community Services. We seek selected workplaces to support practical work placements for our students.
Our Skills Partners are invited to participate in assessment validation, industry reference groups and continuous improvement of our training programs. This is your opportunity to contribute to competency based training through direct engagement with Victoria’s Number One Large Training Provider of the Year in 2016.
List of Workplace Standards
In order to participate in the Skills Partnership Program employers must:
- Welcome a workplace assessment by a representative from Box Hill Institute.
- Operate under industry Guidelines and comply with relevant legislation
- Demonstrate empathy towards animals & employ safe animal handling techniques.
- Support work placement students subject to our skills partner / employer’s own selection process and availability.
- Provide an inclusive and friendly work environment free from bullying & discrimination.
- Nominate vocationally qualified / experienced Workplace Supervisor/s to mentor work placement students & ensure a positive experience.
- Provide clear direction & constructive feedback on practical tasks observed.
- Verify the student’s participation in relevant activities.
- Welcome trainers to visit students from Box Hill Institute during work placement.
- Provide constructive feedback on our training programs & work placements.
- Allow the Institute to promote your participation in the Skills Partnership Program and display your company logo on our website.
- Promote Box Hill Institute as your preferred training provider.
Box Hill Institute has published a list of Skills Partners for potential students and industry. We encourage your participation and welcome your contribution to our training programs. This is your opportunity to support real training for extraordinary results and make a difference for people seeking careers in your industry.
For more please contact Kathryn Chan, Administrator, Business and Finance, School of Health Sciences on telephone (03) 9286 9127 or email
SHS.firstname.lastname@example.org or download a printable brochure: