Student Information

Study with us

For all information on being a student at Box Hill Institute, including fees, financial support, accessing past results, updating personal details and more.  

Applications & Enrolments

Applications & Enrolments

Need to know information before you apply

Learn about what you need to apply for a course with Box Hill Institute, including VTAC & direct entry, Unique Student Identifier and Victorian Student Number information.

Learn about application & enrolments

Fees & Financial Support

Fees & Financial Support

Tuition Assurance and Tuition Fees & Associated Costs

Learn more about what tuition fees, tuition assurance, associated costs and financial support options are available to you as a student at Box Hill Institute. 

Learn about fees & financial support Learn about tuition and associated costs Learn about tuition assurance

Pathways, Skills & Jobs

Learn about the options available to Box Hill Institute students

Box Hill Institute has pathway arrangements with some universities that allow our students to obtain a degree with credit once they have completed their Box Hill Institute course.

Our Skills and Jobs Centres help those wanting to start training, employees wanting to re-skill or re-train, and employers wanting to meet workforce needs.

Learn more about our University pathwaysLearn more about our Skills & Jobs Centres

Academic Records

Learn about how to get your Academic Record, accessing past results, obtaining apprenticeship completion and lost certificates/awards.

Learn about academic records

Academic Calendars

Academic Calendars and Census Dates

Take a look and get familiar with the Academic Calendars, including the census dates for Higher Education, VET, Early Childhood & Music courses.

View the Academic Calendar, Term Dates & Census Dates

Withdrawals, Deferring & Refunds

Learn more about your options for withdrawing or deffering from your course, as well as refund options available to you.

Learn more now



Personal Details

Please advise Student Administration of any changes to your personal details. You can use the Personal Details Variation form for a change of:

  • Name (you will need to amend your name on the USI Registry at and attach certified documentary evidence – that is, marriage certificate, deed poll notice – or present the original for viewing when you submit this form)
  • Email address
  • Employer
  • Emergency contact

Complete the Personal Details Variation form and send it to Student Administration or visit Student Administration and bring your Student ID card.

text boxes icon
Personal Details Variation

Download the form and update your personal details now

Visit StudentWeb and download the form


StudentWeb is an online learning space for students. It is also where you can access your timetable, contact your teaching centre, and find other relevant information.

It provides information on how to login to your account, how to access your password and how to reset your password if you forget it. 

books icon
Visit StudentWeb

Learn how to login

Get help on logging into StudentWeb

Student ID Card

As a Box Hill Institute student, you must carry your ID card at all times while on campus. If you lose you ID card, a replacement card will cost $25 from Student Administration, however this fee will be waived if you lose your ID card due to your wallet being stolen and can produce a police report or a Statutory Declaration.

Student Support

There’s a lot to take on board at the start of the academic year – timetables, new people and a lot of housekeeping information. If you feel it’s all getting on top of you, you can visit Student Support and develop some strategies, study plans or get some reassurance. You’ll meet the Student Support Worker for your course and other Student Life staff during your first week of study.

Student support
student support icon
Not sure where to turn?

Our student support team is here to help.

Public Transport Concessions

You are entitled to buy concession fares on public transport if you are a holder of a valid Commonwealth Health Care Card. Otherwise, to obtain public transport concessions, you must buy a Victorian Public Transport Tertiary Student Concession Card. 


International students

To save money on public transport when you are studying at Box Hill Institute, apply for an International Student Travel Pass (ISTP). The ISTP allows international students enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or diploma course to purchase an annual Myki travel pass with a 50% discount. 

To apply for the ISTP, please visit the Student Administration counter at Elgar Campus

For more information and to check your eligibility, go to:International students - Public Transport Victoria (

global locations icon
Visit the PTV website

Learn how you can organise a public transport concession

Visit the PTV website for more information


Orientation is a great way learn about student life at Box Hill Institute. You’ll become familiar with your campus and facilities, meet other students, and learn about the resources and services available to you. You’ll also learn about your course and your teachers, and what you’ll need to get the most out of your study.