Application & Enrolments

Student Information

Before going through the enrolment process, learn about what you'll need in order to meet the requirements for enrolment.


Enrolment Status

You can request a current or past enrolment confirmation at no charge from Student Administration. This will verify your current or past enrolment status, i.e. full time or part time. You will need photo ID to collect it in person.

You can find out VET course dates, academic dates and the census date –the last date you can withdraw from a subject without being financially liable – census dates in the calendar.

Additional Units or Subjects

To add units or subjects to your existing enrolment, you need to complete an Additional Unit Enrolment form with your course coordinator or the relevant administrative person in your department, and ensure your changes are authorised by the appropriate person. Please note that if you enrol in more units or subjects, you may need to pay more fees.

Once completed, submit your form to Student Administration for processing. 

Student Numbers

Unique Student Identifier

All students doing nationally recognised training need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI gives you access to your online USI account, which is made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.

A USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results and it can be accessed from a computer, tablet or smartphone. 
You are required to bring your USI to your enrolment session. 

Victorian Student Number

The Victorian Student Number (VSN) is a student identification number assigned by the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to each student in government and non-government schools, and students in Vocational Education and Training Providers. The number is unique and used as a key identifier on a student’s record. It remains with the student throughout his or her education, until reaching the age of 25. 

You will need your VSN to enrol at Box Hill Institute. 

Learn more about the USI numberLearn more about the VSN