Withdrawals, Deferring & Refunds

Student Information

Learn more about withdrawals, deferring your course and refunds from domestic and international courses.

Withdrawals & Refund information

Domestic & International students

Domestic Students

The following refund information applies to all domestic students, including Victorian, interstate and temporary residents.

You must officially withdraw via submission of the relevant Course Exit or Unit Withdrawal form.

Learn more about the refund options available for domestic students according to the course type.

International Students

Tuition fee refunds for international students are calculated by the Box Hill Institute International Student Office and are subject to specific refund clauses.

Alternatively, please contact the International Students Office.

Learn more about the refund options for domestic studentsLearn more about the International Refund PolicyContact the International Student office


or Leave of Absence

Once you have been accepted into a course, you can decide to defer your place on the course for one year. Not all courses allow deferment. For more information, contact 1300 269 445.

Once you have been enrolled at Box Hill Institute for six months, some courses will allow you up to six months leave of absence. To officially request a leave of absence, complete a Leave of Absence Form and submit it to your course coordinator who will forward the form to the Registrar’s Office for processing. The Registrar will notify you of the outcome of your application in writing.

Download the Diploma Leave of Absence formDownload the Certificate Leave of Absence form Give us a call on 1300 269 445