Certificate IV in Cyber Security
Do you have an interest in working in the information technology industry? In our cyber security course, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge for a successful career as a cyber security paraprofessional.
As a cyber security paraprofessional you will:
- detect or determine breaches in network and system security
- know how to escalate an incident to the security response team
- work confidently with a range of stakeholders (internal or external to the organisation) that need to be aware of a threat or vulnerability
In our cyber security course, you will gain practical skills in:
- PEN testing
- identifying and reporting website and system vulnerabilities
- system testing
- securing PCs in a workplace environment
- evaluating and reporting cyber security incidents
- networking concepts and protocols
- setting up and managing network security
- security script programming
- website security
- problem researching
- working with a team to develop cyber policies and procedures to meet workplace and legislative requirements
Study scholarships are available to applicants who already hold higher qualifications.
We developed this course in conjunction with a significant industry advisory panel comprising of cyber security specialists in the security, banking, information technology and telecommunications industries.
|Study Level||Certificate IV|
FT: 12 months
|Course Type||Victorian TAFE Course|
|Campuses||Box Hill, City|
|Tuition Fee Type||Estimated Annual Fee|
|Gov. Subsidised - Standard||$3,300.00|
|Gov. Subsidised - Concession||$660.00|
|Full Tuition Fee||$9,020.00|
|Service Fees||Estimated Annual Fees|
|Service & Amenities*||$155.00|
|Core Skills Support**||$75.00|
|Annual Material Fees||$220.00|
|Retain Course Items***||No fee applies|
^ This course is on the 2019 Free TAFE list - find out more.
* Does not apply to VETiS or Short course students.
** Does not apply to VETiS, International students, Short Courses, Graduate Degrees , or re-enrolling students who re-enrol in the same course.
***Retained Course Items are purchased by the student once prior to commencing. The course items bought by the student become the property of the student. Such items retain a generic application for other purposes outside the student's course of study (e.g. textbooks).
Annual student tuition & material fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Fees listed are for 2019 and may increase annually over the duration of delivery. Advertised start dates and delivery locations are subject to viable student numbers. For more information please contact our Course Advisors on 1300 BOX HILL.
February and July (full time). Students seeking part time study should contact the Institute.
Full time: 12 months
Part time: flexible (the time taken to complete this course will vary depending on the number of units you are enrolled in)
Evening: selected units are offered in the evening each semester
You must have:
- successfully completed Year 12 or equivalent or be a mature age applicant
- current Working with Children Check and Police Checks will be required if a student undertakes work placement or employment in this field
Prior IT and or Networking experience or knowledge is not required but is an advantage.
Successful completion will enable you to continue your studies in the Advanced Diploma of Cyber Security, or in a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Degree in the discipline of information technology or security.
VTAC and direct entry
This course is government accredited and has national recognition
The qualification is aligned with the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) level 4
After successful completion, you may wish to apply for a range of employment opportunities such as:
- cyber security paraprofessional supporting the operation of large, small and medium enterprise computing environments
- computer helpdesk technician
- cyber security intrusion tester
- cyber security support officer
- security penetration tester
- information systems security support officer
- systems tester
- PC support
- network security support officer
- network security trainee
- website security support officer
You need to complete 10 core units and 6 elective units to gain this qualification.
Subjects in this course are as follows:
- Cyber security fundamentals
- Communication skills
- Basic IT skills for cyber security
- Networking fundamentals for cyber security
- System testing procedures
- Data collection and analysis
- Personal and Information Management
- Basic scripting
- Ethics and legal implications for cyber security
- Incident response
- Network security
- Website security
- Security scripting
- Manage system security
- Cyber security industry project
|ICTPRG407||WRITE SCRIPT FOR SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS||40.0|
There is currently no description entered for this unit.